Our strong academic curriculum is complimented by a wide ranging, exciting extra-curricular programme; our aim is that every student gets involved in at least one activity outside of the classroom.
Life at South Chingford Foundation School is underpinned by our vision Ambition for All . We believe that new challenges and experiences help us all to grow our aspirations, independence and confidence, discover new interests and get to know one another better.
From the moment students begin their South Chingford journey, students are encouraged to immerse themselves within life at the school and the opportunities available to all. Our enrichment programme is designed to reflect a wide range of interests, hobbies and subjects and, like our academic curriculum, if there is something new students want to try, we will endeavour to provide that experience for them.
Here are some examples of our enrichment offer:
- Stepping Stones: a programme of Saturday workshops aimed at supporting Year 7 pupils smoothly transition into life at Secondary School through targeted enrichment activities
- A range of extra-curricular clubs including chess, cooking, home learning, handwriting, netball, computer science and much more
- Annual school performances and shows
- Participation in sports competitions
- Music lessons
- Young Health Champion Training
- Young Barristers Programme
- African Drumming Workshops
- Barbican Young Poets
- Borough Cross Country Championships
- Jack Petchey Speak Out Challenge
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
- Breakfast club
Unfortunately, due to the restrictions imposed as a consequence of the current Covid-19 pandemic, many of our Enrichments activities have been suspended.